Murrays regards the safety of our passenger the top priority at all times. We are committed to continue the increasing and significant expense involved in all safety management procedures including the drug & alcohol testing of all drivers, operations, fleet & workshop staff.
Murrays are committed to sparing no cost or effort when it comes to safety. We have established and will continue to implement what we believe are the highest safety management systems to maintaining our pristine reputation. There are many factors that contribute in making us safe and reliable. These included;
Drug & Alcohol Testing
- All drivers, operational, fleet, workshop & engineering staff are tested for the presence of drug and alcohol test prior to commencing employment with Murrays.
- All staff are subject to random drug & alcohol testing conducted by a third party mobile laboratory which arrives at the depots & offices unannounced.
Accredited & Insured
- The operation of all Murrays services fall within the requirements of the Transport Regulations and Accreditation for the safe management of drivers and vehicles within each State and Territory.
- We are accredited in terms of the law governing passenger transport in each state and have public liability insurance for all vehicles. Our preferred partners must comply with Murrays operating procedures and provide a copy of their public liability insurance, workers compensation & accreditation before we engage their services.
- Murrays maintain written policy manuals to help maintain our safety record. These manuals contain safety policies on drug and alcohol programs, driver training and monitoring programs, fleet maintenance, fatigue and health, employment practices and more.
Driver Compliance Regulations
- At Murrays Coaches, Buses & Limousines, we take the law and customers safety very seriously. We work diligently to ensure vehicles and drivers operate well within the limits prescribed by law.
- We also ensure that our vehicles are inspected daily before departing from the depot to ensure safe operation and meet federal and state regulations.
Risk Assessment Policy
- Operator - The operation of all Murrays services fall within the requirements of Transport Regulations for Safety Management within all States and Territories. Have in place OH & S policies & procedures covering the care of its employees & hold insurances to provide cover for Comprehensive, Third Party Bodily Injury (Green Slip), Worker Compensation and Public Liability.
- All vehicles operated by Murrays are roadworthy and meet the Government’s standards for each State and Territory. As well as being subjected to daily checks, all vehicles undergo bi-annual mechanical inspections by Roads & Traffic Authorities and Motor Vehicle Examiners. Vehicles are fitted with seatbelts and comply with all Government safety Australian Design Rules.
- Drivers employed by Murrays are suitably licensed by roads and traffic authorities and are holders of authorities to drive Public Passenger Vehicles issued by each State or Territory government. Driver Authorities attest that drivers have been subjected to checks to confirm that they are of good repute and in all other respects fit and proper persons with sufficient responsibility and aptitude to drive Public Passenger Vehicles. Murrays drivers are regularly checked in terms of National, State and Territories and Murrays fatigue management regimes.